To learn more about the Southern California Select plan, contact us.
Thank you for your interest in the Southern California Select plan. Together with our provider partners – Hoag, Optum, PrimeCare, Providence St. Joseph Health and Scripps Health – Cigna is proud to offer this flexible and affordable solution that is designed to simplify the health care experience, improve access to quality care, drive healthy outcomes and reduce health care costs. Here, you’ll find valuable information to help you understand what makes the Southern California Select plan a smart choice for employers and employees alike.
Real collaboration makes a real impact.
Leveraging the expertise of Cigna and each of our five provider group partners, our unique collaboration offers an innovative solution that is designed to help:
- Simplify the health care experience through coordinated care
- Improve access to quality care through local providers who are measured by outcomes
- Drive healthy outcomes through data-based care recommendations
- Reduce health care costs for employers and employees
How the plan works.
Employees and each covered member on the plan have the option to choose a primary care physician (PCP) from any one of the five provider groups in the Southern California Select Network. No matter which provider group they choose, they'll have access to hundreds1 of highly acclaimed2 providers who care about their well-being and overall health care experience. PCPs coordinate care, work closely with specialists and will submit referrals to in-network specialists and facilities when needed. This helps to ensure employees receive the care they need – and stay in-network – so they can take control of their health and health care costs.
Save 6% - 18%3
Potential savings below full HMO plan3
Take a closer look at the map to view the Southern California Select Network at a glance. Then, click the buttons below for more details about each of the provider groups in the network, including provider counts and locations.
Los Angeles County
Riverside and San Bernardino counties
San Diego County
How we apply our data-driven approach.
Working closely together and collaborating with our provider group partners, we combine provider data with claims and pharmacy data from Cigna to gain a comprehensive picture of the overall health and habits of employee populations.
We use this data to:
- Eliminate wasteful duplication and reduce gaps in care
- Support consistent provider communication and coordination
- Share robust and actionable reporting
- Provide targeted recommendations for initiatives designed to improve employee health engagement and reduce costs
As Cigna customers, employees also have access to quality, convenient service and support, including:
Clinical support is available for things such as choosing care, reviewing home treatment and more.
Spanish-speaking customer service representatives are available with translation services offered in more than 200 languages.
24/7/365 access to a variety of tools, programs and resources helps make it easier for employees to manage their plan, costs and health.
Providing access to U.S.-based, board-certified physicians and licensed therapists via phone or video chat – whenever and wherever is most convenient – for the same out-of-pocket cost as a PCP visit.4
1. Includes PCPs, specialists and allied practitioners. Subject to change.
2. “Medical Group Report Card Ratings for Commercial HMO Plan Members, 2019-20 Edition,” ca.gov, February 19, 2020, http://reportcard.opa.ca.gov/rc/medicalgrouprating.aspx?county=LOS_ANGELES. “2019 Top 10% Honorees,” Integrated Healthcare Association, February 19, 2020, https://www.iha.org/ourwork/accountability/value-based-p4p/awards. “Best Hospitals in Los Angeles, CA,” U.S. News & World Report, July 30, 2020, https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/los-angeles-ca. Scripps La Jolla Hospitals, “Best Hospitals in San Diego, CA,” U.S. News & World Report, July 30, 2020, https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/san-diego-ca. “2019 APG Standards of Excellence,” America’s Physician Groups, February 19, 2020, https://www.apg.org/education/educationprograms/standards-of-excellence/.
3. Based on March 2020 Cigna internal analysis of existing full HMO plans and known contracting improvements. Percentage reflects “street rates” (total premium/premium equivalent). Savings reflect estimates and are not guaranteed. Results will vary by plan design and geographic area.
4. Cigna provides access to virtual care through national telehealth providers as part of your plan. This service is separate from your health plan’s network and may not be available in all areas.